View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: The Poker Tournament Formula: The Conclusion

I think most of you have it worng. Mr Snyder wrote the book for " fast LIVE MTT's." In his forums he has stated a million times that he does not play on the internet and the book was not written for the internet.He puts tournaments into skill levels based on speed. At skill Level 4 ( which would be WSOP/WPT, or other slower tournaments )he say's that his style would not work at these levels because there is " better players" and it is a slower structure. You have to take the book for what is worth and that is fast live mtt's. He plays in Vegas and explains the people he play's against everyday. It is a great book, but you can't compare it to HOH because they are for different structures. The position strategy alone is worth the price of the book. I beileve Annette won a 180 person tournament using a version of the position strategy. I won a 45 person MTT using his strategy position.
Paid $20 for book
Won $87 using just position strategy
Profit $67

P.s. I do not state that i know every little detail about the game of poker, but I think Mr Snyder wrote a great book if you understand what he wrote the book about.