View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 PM

Default NL200 - Tough Hand, deep, vs TAG

I'm not at my computer right now, so no PT, and I'm typing this out from memory, so sorry if the formatting isn't as pretty as usual...Hand takes place at Stars NL200.

Villain in this hand was a TAGish player about 14/10/3 if I remember correctly. We had no real history w/ each other, I had probably 3bet him a few times, but no significant pots. He got his stack by getting in AA vs KK ai pf. I have gotten my stack by showing down quads a few hands earlier. I had not yet seen villain c/r a flop where he was the preflop agressor, his cbet % is relativly high as well. Oh, and CO in this hand is a pretty big donk (35/10/1 ish).

Anyways onto the hand...

Villain ($400)
RyanCMU ($450)
CO ($170)

Pre-flop
Villain opens in MP to $8, CO calls, I call on button w/ 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], both blinds fold.

Flop ($26ish) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, CO checks, I bet $20ish, Villain c/r's to $60ish, CO folds, I call.

Turn ($145ish) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain checks, I check.

River ($145ish) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, I bet $100, Villain c/r's all-in to $332, I fold.

On the river, its $232 more back to me to call his river c/r. Who folds here, who calls? Does anyone not bet the river?

Would anyone have played the flop or turn differently?

My thinking was, that a 3bet on the flop looks very very strong and the only hands that are going to give me further action are hands that have me crushed. Especially, considering he out of character c/r'd the flop instead of 3betting. And I really don't think he is going to get in 200bbs on the flop w/ AK. However, if you do advocate 3betting the flop, please explain why you would and what your plan would be for the turn if called? And what your plan is facing a 4bet shove?

I check the turn through because, if he was bluffing on the flop or making a play w/ a marginal hand, the A is a great card to keep bluffing at for him, and his turn check is very confusing?

Furthermore, if we have 99, does this change anything? Maybe then w/ 99 we could 3bet this flop sometimes? Would we call the river c/r if we held 99?