View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: easy river fold vs. unknowen?

i think there are a few lines one can take with hero's hand. i dont like it but a river call is a must considering the way villan played his hand. the only logical hand i see here beating hero is q 8 or T 8.

i'm going to say something that i know people wont agree with but thats fine. i check the turn and fold to a turn bet. the pot is small and this hand isnt very motivating to me. if i check call and hit on river, do i get rewarded? villan might have same draw as me. idk, this hand and situation being out of position doesnt seem very rewarding.

flame away if you like but i dont come from the school of never giving up on a hand like i see alot of others do. i'll give up a few finger tips to save the arm and nail someone in better spots and keep my game in control.

i only say this referring to another possible option to the hand. i have no problem with someone who wants to fire away with this hand and they are probably more right about it than my secondary option. i just hate to get too involved in hands that end up forcing me to pay off to q 8 or T 8 or pocket jacks........and i seen these ugly scenarios many times. true, you could also be getting paid off on the river by a busted draw too but whatever........i get nitty sometimes i guess.

sorry, not trying to talk about myself, just merely giving another option to the play of this hand. right or wrong, we all learn from everyone. i like to keep an open mind.