View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: most emotionally devasting moment in film

[ QUOTE ]
People have metnioned the knifing in Saving Private Ryan, but I get far more affected by the death of Irwin Wade (the medic). He was by far the most likeable guy in the crew, and this was shortly after he'd talked about his mother being a doctor and her coming home late at night.

There are several scenes in Band of Brothers that always get me, but especially the one in the Battle of the Bulge episode when the Cajun medic returns to Bastogne and finds the emergency hospital blown up and his nurse friend likely dead. That one just kills me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree. The part where Ribisi (Wade) gets killed bothers me far more than the knife scene. It is not because of the likability of one character over another either. It just seems so real and him screaming, "That is my [censored] liver!". Plus the scene prior with the letter to his mom that adds to the emotion. I can hardly watch that scene and I see the movie often enough.

In Band of Brothers, the Bastogne episode where the buddy is a few feet away shot in the neck and they can not help him or there is a scene where a shell hits right in the foxhole that is really emotional as well.