View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Hand from Borgata WPT

Call; he has ak (possibly spades)

In general I think its unlikely that this player is an angleshooter, given ur read. Most likely he is fairly inexperienced and is trying to figure alot of things out as he goes.

I'd also discount angleshooting because of his turn c/r; an angleshooter would be more smooth and toss a 5K chip out and meekly say raise; and then assert that he had wanted to call. The selection of two chips is a clear indication that at the time he wanted to raise.

So if he's not an angleshooter then I'd interpret the weak vocalization PF as an indication that he knew he should raise the hand but wasn't entirely comfortable with it. I'd put his range at this point (JJ++;AK) with emphasis towards the lower end of the range. I think all lesser hands check this deep OOP from this player.

This deep I'd expect the player to bet the flop and the turn w/ aa,kk and give up on the hand w/ qq,jj. If he indeeed checked the flop (prob aa only); then I'd expect him to lead the turn. I'd interpret his reluctance to raise after the turn c/r as a realization that he will be faced with a difficult decision if a spade or a 4-straight comes on the river.

If a blank comes on the river, I'd expect him to block and call a small reraise; If a danger card comes on the river then I'd expect him to c/call a small bet.

of course I'm frequently wrong.

FWIW : I would hav bet the flop if I were u.