View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Perhaps why you should care about bots and cheats

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

At least you didn't doubt that there was a problem or that I was actually seeing a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt that there are bots and that this represents a problem. I have doubts as to the magnitude of the problem, and further the proper method of dealing with bots is highly dependent on their prevalence.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be better for sites to implement a tagging policy and let players decide for themselves instead deciding in advance for players.

If a site makes an accusation of "bot" and steals the player bankroll then that is technically an opportunity lost for others to try and win that money - the site has essentially raked the entire balance - sites like anti-botting policy because it represents free money any time they want to make an accusation. It's ok for somebody to want to not play against bots; but they should want the botters money to stay in play instead of having the site rake it away where it can never be won by others.

It would be less evil for site to tag players with symbolic icons and then let other players decide for themselves whether or not they want to sit and play at the same table.

I want an online world where there are less ways to move money from players pockets to the sites pockets. There is something highly grotesque about a site stealing an account balance.

RIIT