View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: finally gonna have a tiebreaker game

[ QUOTE ]
Chim,

You had NEVER made a post about the Rockies until a week ago.

And acting like their management is awful is very ignorant. They've had very good Minor League development the last few years.

Also, who have they let go recently that has shown poor efforts by the owners to win?

I would much rather have my team spend their money on player development than spend it on Mike Hampton and Carlos Lee and Jason Jennings,etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is absolutely not ignorant. No more than one month ago this conversation took place:

Holliday wants a long term deal, will you guys pony up and pay him?

A: We will never make the mistake again of signing a player for more than four years (referring to Helton as a mistake).

This was ONE MONTH ago. As excited as the town is over this we still aren't sure this team will be competitive next year. I think they will have to pay and keep it together now that we made the playoffs, but we are still unsure. Fans having those doubts while their team is on one of the best runs ever is not a sign of good management.

I agree with you that they have tried to develop talent, which is working well. They haven't had anyone to let go of recently.. the true test will come this offseason.