View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/1) (Spoilers?)

I think this season has been great, here is how I would rank the table participants, for this part of the show:

#1 is probably Hellmuth up to this point, he has made some great reads.

#2 is Daniel, he is likely number 1 with this lineup but Hellmuth must have just won the lottery or something because he is playing better.

#3 Jamie Gold, this was a tough because I almost put Silent Mike here but if you can bluff Eli you are doing something.

#4 Silent Mike, granted some things have gone his way and he missed some bets in the last show but he is makeing better plays than most.

#5 Jennifer Harman, I struggled with this one because you could make the argument she should be #8 but as I have had to say to my wife repeatedly, "She is getting no cards". That said she is not very good at No Limit Hold em and that is obvious. Which is a shame because by all accounts she is a titan at other games.

#6 Eli, I hate his game but people who don't think he makes this show better are off their rocker. He and Sammy make it a gambling game and generate those big pots.

#7 Bob Safai, he is there to gamble, plain and simple. Also seems like a great guy in this setting. Great addition. I wish people would be a little more transparent in the future, Phil H.'s comments to Bob were annoying. For one Phil isn't some huge hustler, he gets hustled often. If indeed Bob is the fish Phil should have just shut his mouth.

#8 Sammy Farha, Sammy is the show, when he is on he looks brilliant but he is rarely on. He is there to gamble which likely makes him a bad player but in terms of TV appeal he is quite good.