View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Regulations are out - TREASURY PRESS RELEASE

[ QUOTE ]
I have not yet read the regulations myself, and only skimmed this thread. But allow me to pose a question.

Do the proposed regulations really require the banks to make independent determinations of whether particular companies meet the definition of being engaged in illegal gambling operations?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMPO this is the inherent flaw in the FED's request and hope & prayer PR stunt.

IMPO they said, in 52 pages.

October 1, 2007

Dear banks and credit card companies,

Congress didn't write a workable law, if we let you have liability free reign, will you work with us and try to at least be willing to consider perhaps pissing off a few high profile on-line gamblers? Perhaps the stink will help the administration in this hopeless effort to stop money flows to and from on-line poker/gambling.

Please?

Hello?

Hey we like insolvent banks and over extended credit card issuers who are willing to take a free shot for us, we have lots of money! Please ....

HELP me please!

Your's truly,

Valerie A Abend (the jokes write themselves) [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Depuity Assistant Secretary for Critical Infrastructure Protection and Compliance Policy.

D$D<--once missed a meeting and got to put his name on a proposed rule as a punishment!!!!!