View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: A6s flops pair, turns 2

[ QUOTE ]
Playing this loose OOP vs passive/calling opponents in position is --EV
this is when you should shift to semi nitty TAG play fo sho

why even open limp? You're not doing that with pp's + AQ+

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a strong opinion about preflop in this hand. I was just answering your question, really. We don't know what the table as a whole is like, just that the player to Hero's immediate left is loose/passive. I agree that that piece of information that we do have argues against playing. It also argues for asking Villain to switch seats with us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I don't open-limp much -- I just don't think doing so is disgraceful like much of this forum seems to -- but I would probably do that with my A6s 5-handed UTG if the entire table was loose/passive. And you're right -- I wouldn't do it with AQ and PPs very much, probably, but I might with other hands like KJo and 76s and QTs. At tables with a bunch of loose-passives, I don't mind fitting in a bit and trying to outplay them postflop, especially if I think my decent but speculative hand probably can't be raised particularly profitably.

But the situation doesn't come up too much. It's hard to avoid having one or two other TAGgish players at the table with you, these days -- or, if not that, a LAG or two that makes the whole open-limping thing too costly (well, except that I like LRRing LAGs with big hands if I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to).