View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker vs PokerSharpener

Here's my experience with PokerSharpener and others.
I'm a beginner and I was looking for a package that could do everything I liked from all the demos I tried.
Nothing like that exists so I dropped my requirements to software that tracks hands, has a HUD and gives some live odds (and had to available for free with a very easy to clear deal!)

Pros:
Live odds - Not the best I've seen, but pretty useable and somewhat configurable.
HUD - I like the way it is done. Check their screenshot. Would like to still see a PAHUD style icon.
User Manual - Excellent, frequently updated.
Support - Pretty good. Emails answered promptly and in detail.
Updates - Only major error I had was fixed promptly and exactly as promised.

Cons:
Slow especially on start up and import.
Only imports live format hands. Cannot handle emailed HH. My biggest gripe!

Everything else is somewhere between mediocre and OK.
It caters for my purposes well enough for now and I'll continue using the software until the license expires.
HM and PT both clearly has sometime good on the way. HM reporting is excellent and the speed is awesome. PT is a brilliant product and deserves to be the market leader at the moment, but it is long overdue for a revamp.
But the new PT and HM seems to be taking very long to complete and most beginners need something now.
The bickering between the two developers are also starting to irritate me as is that name drop quote on the HM page. Finish your products and the players will decide which is best. I am really looking forward to seeing them both completed.
One last product worth mentioning is HoldemIndicator, especially since it works on the play tables.
So if you're new to online gaming with a small roll, PS is not a bad bet for now. PM me with specific questions.