View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Morris will probably miss a few, but since his knee was in pain, we can rule out complete ACL tear (those are painless) and hope for strain/sprain/contusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for absolute stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Have you ever seen an ACL tear (Hint: I helped the AT staff back at IU on occasion). Complete ACL tears are largely painless (that is, you can walk on it without a limp, just don't try pivoting), it snaps and recoils up. He could've torn it partially, that's true, but partially =/= complete, thus the distinction. He also could've torn both his ACL and his MCL, and I'm told MCL tears do cause a fair deal of pain (though I never saw both at once myself). Still he was able to try and put pressure on his leg and couldn't even set it down, this doesn't seem like an ACL tear, it would seem more like an MCL injury (notice he was moving laterally when he went down).

The good news is that there are 3 levels of MCL injury. Grades 1 and 2 can often heal by themselves as long as the knee is left immobal and braced. By grade 3, surgery is often the best call.

Needless to say, if he tore the ACL, MCL, and Meniscus then this is all a waste of time and he's gone, do not pass go...

So I'll repeat, "hope for strain/sprain/contusion."

Edit: if we had access to him, two questions could answer this issue "Did you hear a pop" "How bad did it hurt". Thankfully, that's probably a waste as right now his MRI results should be back from the hospital and sometime today we'll hear whether he's out 4-6 or going on IR. Since I'm a betting man, I'll take (wishfully) MCL sprain out 8 weeks. Also I can't find a replay vid of his injury, anyone have a link.

Edit2: I'm more worried about Marv's injury. That's one they've shown time and time again, and the Colts called it a "knee bruise" yet watching the tape, it's clearly not his knee hitting anything that's the problem. That doesn't sit well.

Cody