View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Intentional miscalling of hand at showdown

[ QUOTE ]
I had an old regular do this to my friend when I was drunking it up at 2/4 Canterbury. He called something like flush when my buddy had top pair and tabled his hand.

I told my buddy there was no flush out there. He tabled his hand and scooped. The old regular told me to let my friend play his own hand, I told him something of the effect of, "don't [censored] angle shoot douchebag." I got a stern talking to by the floor, and he ignored the old guy's angle.

It was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

If both players had already tabled their hands (it wasn't clear from your description above), then cards speak. Consequently, I would be extremely concerned about a floorperson who either doesn't realize this, or does know this but is actively attempting to protect the interests of an angleshooting regular.

If your buddy had not yet tabled his hand, you shouldn't have said "There is no flush out there," or made any comments about if he should call or fold. However, I assume you have the right to call out any tabled hand--meaning you could have said "He has a pair of jacks."