View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Official MTT COACHING thread.

I've been thinking about getting into coaching and this thread looks like a good opportunity to get my name out there. Thanks Bond.

I will do aim sessions, sweating, full hh reviews, email exchanges, focused hh studies (i.e. we focus on a certain kind of situation, you find a bunch of hands of that type, we discuss). I'm flexible as to the form, whatever works best for the student.

My strengths are versatility (I don't have monster mtt results, but I am a consistent winner across the board - midstakes mtts, nl cash, stts, and most of the non-holdem games) and a strong theoretic foundation. I understand the "big picture" very well and am good at explaining in detail why the correct move is correct. I also have teaching and coaching experience (math, history, basketball) and would really enjoy teaching poker. The best evidence of my qualifications or lack thereof is in my posts; I've made quite a few long ones over the past couple years.

The ideal student for me would be someone

-whose learning style is top-down theory-to-practice, the kind of person who starts with Theory of Poker and develops situational reasoning from there, instead of starting with starting hand charts and then looking for exceptions

- who plays or would like to play cash games as well as mtts. (if you want to play other games, even better)

- who wants to commit to a lot of lessons (assuming the first couple go well).

I'll leave price out of the post, but from what I know of others' prices, I think you'll find mine reasonable, especially if you want multiple lessons.

pm if interested.