Old 10-01-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: MNF Pats @ Bengals

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any fan that pulls for their fantasy team over their real team is not a real fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the fan that bets against his favorite team?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are gonna bet against them they shouldn't celebrate when their bet comes through.

I will draft players against the Broncos because I want to win, but I will celebrate when my guy gets shut down by our defense. I would lose every FF game in every league for a Broncos superbowl without a second thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I win money when my fantasy team wins. I win...what, happiness points when my real team wins? People who make posts like the one you did are too involved in a team that doesn't care about them and takes a lot of joy in accomplishments they had absolutely no hand in.

I'm a fan of teams because they are fun to watch, have talented players, stuff like that. Not because I was born there. I'm sorry if this doesn't meet your cutoff for "real fan."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its appropriate to judge what I take joy in, or that I am too involved in something. The happiness I get from my team winning far outweighs the money I get from Fantasy. Then again I'm not in any 5k buy in FF leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you are the arbiter of what a real fan is? I'm overstepping my bounds, but you decide who the real fans are?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I shoulda qualified in my humble little opinion I don't consider that a quality of a true fan. Unfortunately I have no authority on the matter, and you are more than welcome to disagree with me. I apologize if I implied that I had authority on the matter.