View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Home poker cheating - how common is it?

Some cheating I've noticed and suspected in our home game:
Player watching the deck while it's being shuffeled and following the cards. I have a bad habit of shuffling the cards where you can still see them. We use a cut card on the bottom of the deck so I'll cut two or three times more and sometimes add an extra riffle before I deal.
Someone was bringing chips to the game. This was causing our pot to be a couple hundred short at the end of the night. It was always an even number, so the host got suspicious and mentioned it to the players. This hasn't happened again since it was brought up.

I noticed one kid putting his blinds up real close to his stack instead of out in the middle of the table. As the pot would start to build he would simply pick up his blind and put it back into his stack. I confonted him in front of the table about this after I observed him do it a second time. He said it was an accident, of course, but the confrontation slowed him down.
Had a player, when he was dealing, peeking at the cards to come while the players in the hand were acting. One problem with this is that he would do it while his wife was in the hand.