View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: * * New Theory of Poker Study Group Session 1 * *

OK I’ll start.

Here’s some of the stuff I highlighted while I was reading.

From the Object of Poker page 6,

“Ideally you want the pot you win to be as big as possible and the pots you lose to contain only your ante (blinds)”

Pretty basic goal…. your goal in all poker.

Same page.

“Just as it is important to not to think in terms of individual pots - not to chase money you have contributed to an individual pot – so it is important to realize you are not playing in individual games. Each individual game is part of one big poker game”
Then he talks about how to think in terms of wining and losing at the end of the year or the month.

It’s a way to keep off tilt and dealing with ups and downs that are going to happen.

Mathematic Expectation. and Hourly rate.

I never really think of this. It’s hard to understand how I can look at a game and tell how much money he can make per average hour. Does anybody do this? Explain.

Page 13

talks about feeling good making a good laydown,
How after a loosing session that lesser skilled player would have lost more money if he had been in your seat getting your cards.

Looking at the positive when you lost money, again avoid tilt.

Basically, you must realize in order to win someone has to lose, and losing is a important part of the game. You going to lose. This is the way a level headed pro deals with losing and sees the positive in losing money.

Hopefully this can get some discussion started.