View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

[ QUOTE ]
Sean, wtf? Is that 20BI's in 4,000 hands? Or were you shot taking?

And as far as I am aware a graph like this is ok in the Brew as it is unusual and potentially discussion-worthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is 20 buy-ins in 4k hands. While some tilt was maybe the last 5 of it and started contributing after about ten buy-ins, I mainly spent the weekend dealing with the following set of conditions:

- Long stretches of being card dead preflop, which lead would result in folds all around when I finally put in a raise.

- Completely missing flops. There is only so far you can get with c-bets and the occasional bluff. This also causes a problem due to the fact that you can't really continue with air when you start meeting resistance and eventually you get no respect from the table at all.

- Losing pretty much every single coinflip situation such as AK vs. small PP, medium PP vs. two unpaired higher cards, combo draw vs. made hand lower than a set, etc.

- Getting outdrawn/coolered repeatedly. This is what finally started the tilt. There is only so many times in one session that you can get sucked out on when a big favorite, lose boat over boat, lose with K high flush to the ace, etc. before you hit what Mike Caro refers to as "the threshold of misery". I think I hit this at about 10 buy-ins. This is the point where you are so emotionally drained from the barrage of constant losses that you really don't feel the blow of any further losses.