View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Simple TT preflop question.

[ QUOTE ]
AM:

If dude raises to 40, ALL WILL CALL 100,000%, and then we'll have to play a 5+ way pot with TT ui 78% of the time. You will almost never get to cbet profitably.

The absolutely standard play here is to make it about pot preflop and betcall most flops.

Your application of inapplicable 2p2 literature is once again the direct opposite of the correct play. This is no knock against you, it only shows how completely inapplicable NL cash books are. Although, honestly, in this case im pretty sure NL t and p or PNL would say to psr pre and betcall flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if the button did min-raise, it would be with the hope that everybody called. He'd then not cb, but only play for set value.

But, given the stack sizes, that would probably be worse than either raising like the OP, or just limping. Limping to play for set value wouldn't be terrible. Raising for value is probably better.

I'd misread the hand (I thought it was 5/5 not 5/10). And even if I'd read it right, you might not like my analysis. But at least it would have made more sense.

As for 2+2 literature, I miscalculated everything from the start, so obviously the entire analysis was botched.

However, planning a hand around SPR is still a good idea. And making a commitment plan when 10% of your stack goes in is also good. And, so, as far as trying to apply the principles I think it's a good idea because it is easier for you to point out the errors point by point to facilitate more detailed discussion about a hand.

I really did botch this one though.