View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: finally gonna have a tiebreaker game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of pissed how Dids is trying to bring this thread down just because he feels the need to be superior to all of us with his infinite sarcastic knowledge of all things sports

If Fogg gets us 5 good innings tonight we are going to win

You really needed to stomp on that statement? Really?

Anyway, I'm [censored] pumped, biggest game of my sports fan life

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, first you said if he gets 5 good innings they can play with anyone, which is the typical absurd hedge that doesn't mean anything. Of course they can play with anyone.

Now you are saying if he gets 5 good innings you will win. While much more ballsy than your previous statement, its also pretty silly. Most games, after 5 innings, still have a lot of variability in outcome. If he gives you 5 good innings your chances go from 52% to some higher %, lower than 90, higher than 55.

You could just say "Man I hope he gives us 5 good innings, that would really help!" Or you can say whatever the heck you want, its your team, but then, Dids can say whatever he wants too.

EDIT: All numbers in my post were completely made up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said if we get 5 good out of Fogg we should win. That falls pretty well in line with your statement of "If he gives you 5 good innings your chances go from 52% to some higher %, lower than 90, higher than 55."

Should win != will win. Should win = somewhere between 60 and 90% I would say.

Not sure what you are disagreeing with.