View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Why is Chris Matthews being so honest about US presidential electi

[ QUOTE ]
then I wouldn't have to post here

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, ya. I don't know what we'd do without your contributions here.

Chris Matthews always seems like a palatable TV personality to me. I have nothing against him. But you have to realize, he's an entertainer. He's just Bill O'Reilly of a different flavor. He's a hack. Anything he says is just something that's meant to make his audience ooo and ahh, and will rarely happen to be any enlightening political insight.

I guess it's true that the recent Republicans have generally been a bit "cooler." But I don't think you or Chris Matthews are really in touch with the idea that there is a ton of variance in all aspects of life, and a handful of recent elections don't necessarily have any deep rooted significance.

Regardless, Obama is pretty "cool." Clinton was the epitome of cool. The first Bush and Bob Dole were pretty lame. So I dunno. The observation is mild at best.

Matthews (and you) are trying to paint some picture that the Democrats are "right" and the Republicans are just good personalities trying to hide the truth. If you could get it through your skull that the political process is a game, and both sides are equally corrupt, "then I wouldn't have to post here." But feel free to keep living in your fantasy land that tells you your personal preferences are objectively good, and that a political coalition designed to force others to behave in accordance is also a good thing.

If you're looking for this argument to actually be taken seriously though, you should look beyond the ever scholarly "Chris Matthews" to be the foundation of your arguments.