View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: HUSNG Assertion: You should never limp.

[ QUOTE ]
With moderate/deep stacks in NL, I play entirely limp/raise otb (i.e., fold 0% in position).

You are getting 3:1 immediate odds with position throughout the hand, so not folding is clearly correct IN A VACUUM.

Would anyone disagree with that statement? So the problem becomes metaconcerns. You're limping your weaker hands, and Villain begins raising widely OOP. My solution is to simply readjust. I'll increase my limp/raise ratio, and force Villain to play a guessing game if he wants to build a big pot OOP. The downside is you'll lose value, on average, with your stronger hands. But the value you get from being able to play 100% of hands otb more than compensates for this, IMO.

-- Collin

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with never folding from the button regardless of your stacks. Even if an argument could be made for limping 72o from the button as being less -EV than folding it (which I find to be quite a stretch), I believe it would be extremely difficult to put forth an argument that it is positive in terms of $/hr.

Beyond calling a sub-min-raise all in, I don't really see value in voluntarily playing hands such as 72 82 83 92 etc. regardless of stack sizes or position.