View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Winning in Tough Hold \'em Games Study Group - Day Two

I think 22-33 is a fold and in certain spots even 44 because of the 3/2 structure and how liberally some people protect the blinds in those situations but I think this is situation dependent. It's not like you follow the chart or guidelines 100% as stox said in his book.

Player dependent, situation dependent, and past history or present history you've had with the players IMO is the most important. Analyzing those info and you tighten/loosen up the steal range that stox reccommends.

A lot of people mention tightening up in the games we play but does that mean you guys rarely raise the smaller suited connector stuff that stox reccommends? When you are doing this even close to majority of the time I feel like decent or even bad players catch on if you start showing down winners with these and you lose respect and the possiblity to steal blinds. Is this just me or am I just being result oriented?

Also what did you guys think about the SB vs BB steal reccommendations that Stox gave at the end of the tracker stats? I felt thse were way too loose for the games we play but are these pretty close if the games are 3/2 structure?