View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: I had a massive downswing today

J9 - OK

AKo - I rarely if ever call off my entire stack with AKo in this spot. The best you can hope for is a coinflip, mostly you won't even get that after a 4bet b/c most folks' standard range for making the 4bet is AA/KK/AKs.

AA - OK, horrible suckout

K9 - Not sure you shoudl have called the turn raise, but whatever. B/f the river for around half of his stack, ie about 40. If he raises, what do you think he has that you beat? You gave yourself no chance to get away from this.

33 - standard cooler.

KK - raise flop big. This is horrible - what were you waiting for?

AJs - check turn, take free card. Once villain has c/c the flop bet it's unlikely you have much fold equity and you beat nothing, so why do it? Obv you have to call once raised up.

QQ - without a clear read, fold to 4bet. This is as bad, or worse, than the AKo call. WHat do you beat here?

QQ - same again. What do you think you beat here?

KK - OK, another horrible suckout.

AKs - unlucky suckout on the river, not much you could have done, prolly lost the minimum here.

99 - fold to flop raise without a really good read that he is doing this light.

JTo - I think I check behind on the turn, maybe call a modest non-heart bet, but I don't mind your line.

KK - that is a set a lot of the time, I think a really disciplined player might fold here because when it's not a set it's often a strong draw, but I might well call too. Tough beat.

AQo - standard cooler, villain was a bit stupid to call your 3bet unless you have been caught speeding recently or he has good reads.

A7s - ok this is a suckout and if youre going to 3bet light this a good spot and a good hand, but the play overall was pretty reckless, partic, if you were stuck a lot of money at the time. I only do this with a pretty specific read. Looks like your opponents may not be respecting your 3bets.

Overall, your play was pretty reckless and aggressive imo, there was a great deal of bad luck in there but your playing style invites a lot of variance, so you need to either tighten up or get used to this sort of swong depth.

Also playing short handed when stuck a lot of money usually makes things worse imo.