View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Reccomendations for reviewing hands after a session

This is actually something I've been thinking about as well.

I find that reviewing contextless individual hands doesn't help me that much, as so many of the factors to consider in the playing of a hand depend on prior actions.

I'm actually working on building a web app that might help - thought I'd post a screenshot and see if people have any comments. It has almost zero functionality right now, other than being pretty to look at, but I'm going to add the ability to comment street by street.

I find this way of looking at a hand history tells me a lot more about the story of a HUSNG, because it's easy to see, at a glance, whether a lot of pots were being played postflop, how aggressive (or not) both players were, etc.

If several people interested in something like this, I might try and make it more fully featured. I'll probably do that anyway, as I'm having a lot of fun learning about web programming.

To relate this back to the OP (apologies for the hijack), I think something like this would allow you to quickly scan through a number of HUSNG's, making it easier to find the critical spots without losing much context.