View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

i pretty much can't stand the way philly fans act towards their well-paid players that underperform (i.e. pat burrell) and you can't argue with the success that mcnabb has had in philadelphia with the annual trips to the NFC championship game

that being said, i have always been amazed at how successful mcnabb has been, im fairly certain that mcnabb is by far the most inaccurate QB that the general population actually thinks doesn't suck...the eagles offensive gameplan has tons of short easy passes and mcnabb is off-target on way too many of them

over the years i've grown more and more frustrated watching great run after the catch opportunities being wasted by mcnabb throwing either behind the receiver or at shin level, at times i've tried to justify this as some brilliant strategy in which by constantly throwing the ball at his receivers feet he drastically reduces the chances of being intercepted, but deep in my heart is always the thought that he probably just isn't that good

i know that alcohol clouds my eagles memory, but if you are an eagles fan who was watched the majority of the games over mcnabb's career, how many times can you remember mcnabb actually hitting his receiver in stride compared to how many times you have seen his receiver have to make either a diving or jumping catch on a 5-10yd route?