View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Mid-Limit Adjustment: Big Flops after raising.

So in my recent excursions at live 15/30 (from 6/12) I've run into a number of times when I raise pre-flop then flop huge and am struggling how to get paid. This is when the table is full of largely solid players. 1-2 lags. 1-2 weak-tights, rest tags, but all competent at their style. Not a lot of cold calling. My reputation is taggish (I think, though it may be weaker than i'd like), I mostly stay with big hand raises in opened pots.

Tonights example: I'm in MP, player in front of me limps. I raise AA. BB defends, limper calls (both tags that can switch it up and lag). 3 handed. Flop AQ8 w/ two clubs. Checked to me, I bet, fold, fold. In similiar spots (usually less co-ordinated) I've also tried checking. Pretty much in all cases I'm getting no value after the flop.

I'm of course used to multi-way pots where its hammer, hammer, hammer. What adjustments do I need to make or am I just hostage to their holdings and hope they have a draw and chase (and miss [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])?