View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 12:02 AM

Default what to do with a free $10? instructions here.

i know there was a recent thread where a mod was asking what to do with a free $10 he got from absolute so i thought i would share this

this monday i got an promo email from a site i hadn't played at in well over a year, so i figured i'd check it out and see if they had given me any free monies, sure enough there was $10 in the account

i immediately started to strategize what my best line of attack with this bankroll was, my first instinct was to play two $5 sng's, but i quickly realized $5.50 + $5.50 = $11. then i noticed they had $6.50 turbos as well as 3.40's...perfect, even if i bust out of the 6.50 i've still got a backup plan

but backup plan's are for amateurs, being the expert professional poker player that i am, i obviously took 1st and had built my $10 into $28.50. now many people would think that now would be a good time to play it safe and grind some more SNG's or $10NL and many times they would be right, but they would be ignoring an important factor, cashing out is probably going to be a pain and take a month at least, so there is only one rational thing to do which is go big or go home. i enter a $27.50 buyin tournament and try to win enough money to make waiting for a check worth it

again due to expert play i take first for like $480 and consider cashing out, but i notice some BS about a $40 withdrawal fee so im like f--- that, i have enough money to play some cash games now, maybe i'll cash out when i get up to 1k.

because i have mad bankroll management skills i immediately sit at a $10/20 limit game and for some reason actually win another $100 or so, around this time i also enter a $10 rebuy into a $200 WPT satellite and win a seat in this as well, i pretty much break even the rest of the week playing cash (anywhere from .25/.50 to 1/2 NL and 3/6 to 8/16 limit), but no big deal i got the big sat on sunday coming up

so today pretty much the perfect amount of people registered for the tourney and it was like 5 entries short of 2 seats so my chances of cashing are huge since it pays 4 spots out of 115 now and im feeling great since the phillies just won the NL east

to summarize the tournament i play good and at the final table 3-bet the hell out of a lag on my right to build a stack, make a heroic coinflip call with 88 when he finally plays back at me on the bubble, he has AJ and of course the flop come JT7...river 9 completes my gutshot and i am the chipleader, i end up losing the chip lead 3 handed because the other big stack is basically making no effort to bust the shorty, but i eventually take it back by outplaying him heads up and he pushes for about half my stack with a flush draw and i pick him off with top pair, unfortunately he sucks out when my 2nd pair on the turn gave him the flush and then i shortly bust in 2nd with AT vs his KK, but 2nd place of $5700 is probably better for my financial situation than a WPT seat anyway...now i get to see how long it really takes to withdraw. of course there is no way a site this soft is pokertracker compatible so no chance of a graph

cliff's notes: free $10 to $6200 in 6 days, ship it.