View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Just got back from Hawaii this morning at 5a. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

We played two rounds at The Prince at Princeville, one round at Kiahuna, and one round at Poipu Bay.

If you're going to Kauai any time in the near future, there are a couple of good multi-round deals you can take advantage of. One of them allows you to play 3 rounds at any of the Princeville courses over 6 days for $309, and the other is supposed to get you one round at Princeville, one round at Kauai Lagoons, and one round at Poipu for $390.

The (slight) catch here is that Kauai Lagoons is having major work done now, so you only get to play the front nine at Kiele. However, Princeville accepted the Kauai Lagoons coupon, so it was effectively $390 for two rounds at The Prince and one at Poipu.

The Prince is an effing hard course, especially for a hack like me. The white tees there are 72.1/133/6521/par 72. I shot 46-48 the first day, which I was actually pretty happy with, and 49-48 the second day which I was not so happy with. It is beautiful, though, and should not be missed on a visit to Kauai.

Kiahuna is down the street from the Marriott where we were staying and is more of a wide-open, resort-y course. We had to play a few holes in driving rain, and the wind had much more of an effect there, but it's less penal nature (and shorter length - I played the blues 70.3/126/6183/par 70) allowed me to shoot 39-45. I don't recommend this course with all the other options, unless you can get a big discount.

Poipu is on TV every year, so is easily viewable for most fans. The posted distance for the blues was 6612, so I opted for the whites at 6127. Some of the tees were moved up (to intermediate teeing grounds, not the forward boxes) though, and I estimate the course played more like 5800-5900. Like I said in the photo thread, I played the first 7 at +1, then finished the front nine triple-triple, and sputtered to a 43-44 round. Good score for me, but it should have been much better.