View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
For barry:

B. Mitchell 0/0 0 0 0 0

J. Wilson 28/53 240 4.5 2 0

JPW is looking like an inefficient passer who racks up yards by making a ton of attempts. I can't wait until he lights up that LSU D!

[/ QUOTE ]

We were comparing JPW to BM. Not Bama vs USC or the two offenses or the QB play. We were comparing two specific players. Even if JPW plays like he has against UGA/FSU every single game, he's still better than Blake Mitchell.

Also, the Bama/FSU game is a perfect example of where the stats don't tell the whole story. Did you watch the game? JPW played like absolute crap for the first 53 minutes of the game. He had zero TDs in that time and I would guess <100 yds, but probably close. His end of the game stats really aren't that bad, they're not great but not terrible. Plus he fumbled on our own 5 yard line late in the game. He played really really poorly for the majority of the game, but the stats don't say that. And yes he will have more yards than Blake Mitchell in the LSU game. Like I said I will take Brandon Cox every single time over BM.

On a side note, how can Auburn have a good kicker every single year? That just baffles me.