View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Perhaps why you should care about bots and cheats

So, you want us all to write to Congress to demand federal regulation of Internet poker, on the grounds that they won't act in the players' best interest? You think that will help us get it explicitly legalized? Seems like a bad idea to me.

As for the non-bot issues you mentioned, I have no doubt you could put together a string of bad stories. However, you seem to fear these more than we do. Maybe you believe them. I don't know. You don't come across like someone who believes in our right to play poker, given that you're willing to give away so much before negotiations even start. The NRA didn't get where they are by consenting to every restriction demanded by gun banners, just because it would be easier. I hope we'll stay strong. We should be on offense, talking about freedoms and our rights, like the NRA.

As for bots, you realize you don't have a "right" as a customer to dictate terms and conditions to these companies, don't you? If you don't like the site, don't play on it. The free market works. Perhaps you should buy stock in your preferred site to gain a vote for what you want, or perhaps you should move abroad and start your own site, rather than trying to dictate business practices to private companies via the federal government. After all, it's that attitude that got us where we are today.