View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Post a common leak and how to fix or take advantage of it (CASH/TR

[ QUOTE ]

In the sit n goes against new villains, both players are trying to learn each other's game off of a few hands. One strange line within the first 10 hands can easily lead the villain to believe you are an aggressive donkey. I'll make another post adding to this when I can find a good example.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't find the full hand history for this so I will have to describe the hands leading up to this by memory.

I had never played this guy before but we got off to an extremely aggressive start. On one of our first pots I gave a pot size cbet and he raised the [censored] out of me so I folded. A hand or 2 later we were in a raised pot with a low flop so I raised the [censored] out of him with overs knowing that he wouldn't be able to call. We had a few hands of folding to reraises preflop then the next flop we saw came to this one:

FullTiltPoker Game #3706159359: $110 + $5 Heads Up Sit & Go (28254890), Table 1 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:11:43 ET - 2007/09/29
Seat 1: xSCWx (1,660)
Seat 2: scrum9911 (1,340)

xSCWx posts the small blind of 15
scrum9911 posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
xSCWx raises to 90
scrum9911 calls 60

*** FLOP *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
scrum9911 checks
xSCWx bets 90
scrum9911 raises to 225
xSCWx calls 135

*** TURN *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
scrum9911 bets 300
xSCWx has 15 seconds left to act
xSCWx calls 300

*** RIVER *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
scrum9911 bets 725, and is all in
xSCWx calls 725
*** SHOW DOWN ***
scrum9911 shows [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] two pair, Aces and Eights
xSCWx shows [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] three of a kind, Aces
xSCWx wins the pot (2,680) with three of a kind, Aces
scrum9911 stands up
xSCWx stands up

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,680 | Rake 0
Board: [Ad 7c Ah 9s 8s]
Seat 1: xSCWx (small blind) showed [Jh Ac] and won (2,680) with three of a kind, Aces
Seat 2: scrum9911 (big blind) showed [8h 6h] and lost with two pair, Aces and Eights

I'll probably get [censored] about how this isn't a standard play from a villain, but by the aggressive nature of the game I knew from the moment I saw the flop that if I took a non-standard line for the ace (standard in my experience is to check/call the flop) he would be willing to risk losing to rep that he had it.