View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: NLHE - Requesting a Chip Count

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone asking for a count is entitled to know exactly how much you have. So you can be the silent guy, and have the dealer count it. But people may then think you're being a dick. And holding up the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are entitled to a clear view of the chips. There is no rule that they are entitled to know the exact amount. I have seen a clear view interpreted as being entitled to a count, but I would view someone constantly asking for a count as slowing down the game,

[/ QUOTE ]

Personall believe they are entitled to an exact count as long as they are being reasonable (if its obvious that the other player has them covered, or they ask so often for an exact count that its obvious that they are just delaying the game .. don't really want a acount).

I have always taken the position that if a player doesn't want to count his chips he can let the dealer count them. I spoke about this with one of my floor people and he believes that player has to provide the count, that if he refuses to count he should be removed form the game.

As it stands I have never had a player refuse to count or allow me to count, but usually they just give an estimate and the other player excepts the estimate.