View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Sick sick hand...(brag)

I had the reverse scenario happen to me in Atlantic City 1-2 years ago... I raised every street in position with top set on a fairly dry board in the hand and had been playing like an absolute rock. Stubborn older guy calls until board pairs the bottom card on the river, and 3-bets me.

actually not the worst O8 beat i've ever seen live. this hand was just disgusting. the game is $5/$10 O8 with half-kill at Taj Mahal as always, full of uber-donks and calling stations. probably about 6 people took the flop in an unraised pot (standard in AC).

flop comes out J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
extreme rock bets out from SB, and it's extremely obvious to me and anyone with half a brain that is already full. 2 of the table calling stations call anyways.

oddly enough the turn makes the board
J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Jclub:. bet, call, call.

by the river we had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
bet, fold, raise, call. the old guy in the small blind looked so shocked and upset that someone raised.

he tabled J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]xx for flopped full-house and improved hand on the turn.

calling station donkey has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]xx for rivered straight flush.

the guy who folded on the river said he fold A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I felt so bad for the old guy for someone chasing him all the way down on a double-paired board!