View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: First Ultimate Fighter 6 Episode

Slickpoppa,

The "standing equivalent of lay and pray" would be something like Randy Couture pushing you up against a fence and dirty boxing for the whole fight, IMO. Machida fights more like a Floyd Mayweather Jr., effective striking without getting hit. I understand why it may be boring for some, but it's pretty fun to watch a guy throw and throw without being touched.

re: Chuck/Wandy

I heard Hackleman (Chuck's trainer/manager) in an interview after the loss (and before it was known that Shogun had a pretty serious knee injury) saying that Dana/Joe Silva were thinking about matching up Chuck with Rua in December. Like I said above, I don't think Chuck has many more fights left in him. That's not to say that he's lost a ton of skill, but he doesn't have a style like Randy that translates well to aging. The UFC would be best serve to throw him into two or three really big fights. If I'm the UFC I throw him against Wandy in Dec. followed by Tito and/or Randy (assuming he loses the HW belt and can cut down to 205) in his final fight(s). I think a retirement fight between Randy and Liddell could be an extremely big money main event.

I don't see how 205 isn't stacked still? Even though some big names have fallen, they don't look so bad in hindsight, and now you have even more stars. You've got Rampage and Henderson (who may end up fighting exclusively at 185 now), Wanderlei was KO'd by two top guys, Rogerio and Arona were knocked out by someone who may be legit. I don't know how you can say Sok is "untested" when he's knocked out 2 top 10 guys. You still have Chuck and Tito as credible opponents. Up and comers like Rashad, Jardine, Forrest, Machida, Bisping, and Hamill.