View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Re: 100 buyin brm... your thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
Man, this thread is out of control. Almost all people here saying "100 buyins is good!" are just plain bullshitting. I can promise you that 99.9% of people in here saying they want 100 buyins for a level would move down after if not 20, then 30 buyins. So, what does this mean? It means they are AT MOST playing with 30 buyins, and the 70 in excess are of no interest at all really. Unless you do not plan to move down even after you are down 60 buyins or whatever, then 100 buyins is just plain [censored].

Yes, people can have their 100 buyins to feel "safe" or whatever, but it has nothing to do with actual bankroll calculations, and thus it's only a preference of their own.

Since that is the case, recommending anyone else to "use 100 buyins" is just retarded given it's only something you've set for yourself in terms of what you feel "secure" with networth-wise, if you are moving down when running bad, then you are not playing with 100 buyins, and this is basically true for almost everyone.

Stop this BS, and learn that people claiming to use 100 buyins are in reality using a 20bi stoploss and thus playing actively with only 20 buyins, never to touch the other 80 on the same limit.

You are all free to have this kind of mental cusion, but stop recommending it to everyone else when it has no mathematical foundation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Using an investment plan that regularly runs the risk of losing more than 50% of your networth is ok I think when you are moving up. Your bankroll is probably relatively small compared to your future networth, and you can redeposit or rebuild fairly easily.

But if your bankroll is lifechanging money that you dont want to lose, this sort of investment plan has way too much variance imo. Atleast for my own case I dont ever want to risk losing more than 20% of my networth.