View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Bachelo party in my home town: money ettiquette

A pretty good friend of mine, who happens to live here in NYC where I live, is getting married and is hosting a bachelor party here in NYC for his main friends. The plan is to go to the Old Homestead (top notch NYC steakhouse), and then hit some titty joints after that. A couple of the guys invited are coming out of town, and are booking a hotel room. I live in the city and therefore don't need a hotel. The bachelor party is to start at the hotel around 4pm: watch some college football, drink, do a little blow, and then take it from there. The hotel room, again, is for the guys who live out of town.

The question: being that I'm from new york, and have nothing to do with this room in terms of need, am I on the hook to chip in? Rest assured I'll be contributing more than my fair share towards activities for the rest of the evening, but I am not sure I see why I should chip in towards two out of town guys, neither of whom I have ever met, to stay in a hotel. i certainly wouldn't expect any help from people I didn't know if the roles were reversed.

Thoughts?