View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Two stupid live spots

Live 1/2 game.

A couple of limpers, a bad player raises to $5 (he makes a lot of these random small raises), couple more callers, I have QQ on the button. I raise to $25 (a bit much, but the table is playing very loose at the moment and I think this amount is most likely to get me 1 caller, though I'll get 2-3 sometimes and 0 sometimes as well). Folds around to UTG+1 who limped, and he nows pushes for $100. Guy is tight, hasn't played many hands and I'm sure he's not bluffing. Folded to me, so I'm basically getting about $140-75 on a call. If QQ and JJ is in his range, it's a marginal spot. If he's got other hands (TT/AK?), it's a call. If he only has AA or only AA/KK or only AA/KK/QQ it's a fold. So I ...

Second hand I have Kh Qd and overlimp in EMP. (Raising or folding better?) A different bad player makes a raise to $5, a bunch of callers, I call the extra $3. (Pot is $30 or $35.) Flop comes Qs 7c 3s. EP limper bets out $10, I decide this is too small, so I raise to $25. Folded around to the limper who calls. Turn is the Qh. Limper pushes all-in for his remaining $110 (I cover). He seems to be a nittish player postflop (so he's not bluffing here) who isn't ridiculously loose preflop but probably plays a fair number of hands he shouldn't. I figure he has Qx or better here almost always (maybe a badly played hand like AA or 99 or something like that is a small possibility). I discount 77 or 33 somewhat because I think he would be more likely to check/raise (not afraid of the flush coming in). I don't know among his Qx hands what kickers he would play like this. Would he be scared about AQ if he had KQ? What if he had QJ or QT? I'm not sure if hands like Q5s or Q3s are in his range here. So I ...