View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: September Low-Content Thread

The hand in question. The game was starting to break up and one of the blinds left so I had to post 2 chips on the button. It gets folded to me and I ask without looking "you guys wanna chop?" They both decline the option and say they want to play which is certainly a reasonable decision since they are only out of position and forced to play against the guy who is running hotter than god. I look down to 78o and decide to complete since they are never folding anything and I am pretty sure I will flop a boat or at least a straight. They both check and we see a flop of 456r. The SB decides that leading will be the best way to lose the max so that is what he does, BB calls, I raise, both call. The turn pairs the 4 and the SB decides that the trend is too strong to break now and leads again. The BB folds and I raise again.

Now as he's calling the dealer puts out the river T and the SB says "I am all in." I look over and see one chip covering his cards and say "what is that?" since he is obviously pulling the typical commerce angle shoot routine and I am not having it. I say, "well, I did offer to chop this but you wanted to play it out and now I bet. You can fold or put in that chip." So he gets all huffy and throws in the chip and tables his hand 97o face up like "bitch, beat this monster." I show my hand and sailboats and I at least have the decency to wait until he leaves until we burst out laughing. I initially thought he had the nut low but later realized he could beat 92, and 93.