View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Ryan benches Solo for consolation game at WWC

[ QUOTE ]
I loved every minute of what Solo said. You don't see players say what they actually think very often. Of course her teammates had a much different viewpoint.

I never took it as her calling out Scurry. It was more her calling out Ryan for an unusual decision at a critical time.

FWIW Solo would have stopped the second goal (first was an own goal). I think she believes she would have gotten the fourth one as well.

And the red card was beyond ridiculous...one of the worst I've ever seen. But it happened with the US down 2-0. The US was in trouble before the sending off.

[/ QUOTE ]

whether it was calculated or just an emotional outburst, the moment she said "i would have made those saves" she called out scurry. she had every right to be angry, but she has made herself look like a terrible teammate and a poor sport. she put herself above the team by making those remarks in public. these sorts of things are normally taken care of behind closed doors (for good reason) and whether ryan remains the coach or not, solo may have cost herself a spot on the national team as a starter.