View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: What were you doing a year ago this evening?

I was very upset when I heard the news. I decided that day to fight back for our rights as poker players and as Americans. I had no idea what I would do about it, as it seemed all hope was lost, but I knew I would do something. However, I knew I couldn't do anything by myself. Fortunately, there were several folks here willing to fight back. I realized we could magnify our effectness by working in concert. So, that was the genesis of trying to do something.

When we started, victory didn't even seem remotely possible. Rather, it was a stand based on principle only. Even folks here regularly derided us for trying. It was months before I could post on any non-Legislation 2p2 forum about this without getting the thread locked with an accusation of spamming (and that still happens on occasion). So, from these very humble beginnings, we grew and grew and grew.

We've not yet achieved victory, but I am able to do what I was doing last year at this time. I played poker online this evening. There were fish at the $15/$30 and $30/$60 6-max limit hold'em games (not a whole table full, but enough to make for a profitable game). And, I can still move cash electronically to my bank account. Our opponents promised one year ago that this would not be the case. Through our efforts, they did not gain their objectives. And, if we keep fighting back, we'll continue to keep our rights.

------------------------------------

Join the fight!: Fight for Online Poker!! Weeks of 9/24 & 10/1