View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Another \"starting hands\" question

sparky, SSHE is about a type of game where spots you describe dont occur often because there are others already in the pot. Ill steal with A9 and ill situationally isolate with it and sometimes Ill limp in with it in late position if it is a multiway pot against poor predictable loose players. this may not be in SSHE but other books probably discuss it better...im too lazy right now to work out which ones say it best. sigh.

remember its all about whether your hand (when folded to you) is good enough to play and also whether you think playing it will be a moneymaker against the opponents left to act. except for some very specific circumstances if its folded to me from MP onwards then if im playing im raising. yes, thats a very general statement.

if I remember from some PM conversations we had a while ago your attempt to steal %age was low. A9o is probably one of those hands that you dont have in your repotoire. 'trouble hands' can become good hands when in LP and your first in. I suggest adding a few hands at a time to your range when stealing...add more if players yet to act are tight..see how you go...rinse repeat. FWIW in tightish games some of us have a steal%age in close to or >40. It gets pretty hairy at times when you get that deep but it is profitable if you play good postflop