View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where will my Grizzlies be in the west? I think no I KNOW they've improved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guaranteed to be in the lottery, so shelve those playoff fantasies.

Seattle, Minnesota and Portland are worse...maybe Sacramento too. Everyone else is better. Memphis would need to pass New Orleans, the Clips and Golden State/LA Lakers in order to make the playoffs. No chance.

Memphis lineup:
PG Conley/Lowry - below-average to well-below-average
SG Miller/Navarro - average to below-average
SF Gay/? - average to below average (with off chance of above-average)
PF Gasol/Warrick - all-star
C Milicic/Swift - average to below-average

Memphis gives something up at nearly every position to nearly every other team in the West.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for your input. I don't know that I agree with you on the SG tho. AFAIK they havn't bought out Damon S yet. If they do then I have to pray that Lowry is as awesome as people are saying. I also hope you're underestimating Mike Miller. I guess what he's done in the past doesn't mean a lot. But he won rookie of the year (I agree LONG time ago) but just year before last he won 6th man of the year. I don't think his skills have declined since then.

I'll also be a hopeful homer and cross my fingers about Milicic. His numbers were up in Orlando. I agree if they thought he was going to be near his initial potential then Orlando would have at least tried to work something out.

I totally agree with you about Strotential. He's got the competetive juices of a bum.