View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Bryan Micon Rolled for 12k by O-town singer\'s buddy

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, you're getting away from the real issue here.

If you don't like Micon personally, or you are turned off by his snake-oil-salesman-type marketing of his product, that's fine. However, Micon and Justin Smith cannot be compared. While Smith is clearly a scammer, Micon isn't.

Micon's advertisements are basically saying, "I'm a great poker player! Buy my poker tutorial, and learn from me how you too can become a great poker player!"

Poker skill is a very subjective thing. A great player to one guy can be a donkey by someone else's opinion. We can all agree that Phil Ivey is a great player and that a guy who plays 100% of hands pre-flop is a donk. However, most people in between can often be difficult to rate. Most people see themselves as better than they really are, and see most of their opponents as worse than they really are.

My point? Even if you think Micon is not good enough to be making a "Micon System" product, he seems to feel that he is. The guy did finish 63rd in the huge '06 WSOP main event, and made a final table that same year in a field of nearly 3,000. He seems to feel that qualifies him to make these "Micon System" products and sell them for a lot of money. You may not agree, but you're not forced to buy them.

Micon does not lie about his record, nor does he sell the product on false pretenses. Even if you dislike him or the product itself, it still doesn't make him a scammer. He would only be a scammer if he took your $97 and sent you nothing, or if he had actually never played poker in his life and made up the stats he posted.

If you have a good reason to personally dislike Micon, I can understand why you might take joy in watching him get rolled. However, it's wrong to feel he's getting "karma" for his own scams, since he hasn't actually been scamming anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

An undreadable cheat sheet and an hour of two people bullshitting whilst online poker? How much would you pay for that?