View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Phil Ivey vs. Jman 300/600

[ QUOTE ]
Phil, thanks for doing this.

I'd be interested in hearing your thought processes behind the two big call downs. Is that the type of situation where you realise that game theory wise you need to be calling x% of the time, and try to randomise it, or were there specific reasons why you chose this hand/board rather than the bunch of times in the session when you folded in similar circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome. I heart 2+2.

The calldowns were not based on game theory randomization. I don't want to talk about reads on Ivey, but he basically doesn't balance his range well in certain situations, as is evident by what he had when I called down with 87.

[ QUOTE ]

jman, thx for posting all of those. good stuff. care to give thoughts on your river check when you had A7 on AQ233r board? seems like you need to bet this since you will often have air here and sometimes have AK or better, both of which i would think you are betting most of the time?

i guess stack sizes were a little awkward since it would have put you in a nasty spot if you bet small and he CRs and you were deep to just shove yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he can call with worse very often. I shouldn't be bluffing that river much as any ace has to call since it chops usually. I had a very strong feeling based on some things (sorry to be vague) that a hand like 43s/53s was a decent chunk of his range. I wasn't too far off, as he had the pair+gutter.

Going out with friends. I'll try to get back to you guys tomorrow.