View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: FT Bot refund rumor.

[ QUOTE ]
It's up to the poker site to detect bots, not everyone in the poker site's food chain (affiliate, janitor in the poker site's building, etc.) that benefits from the income a poker site generates.

The fact that you mention the "Action Flop Theory" tells me a lot. If you believe that any of that is true, then why are you playing online at all? That would seem to be a bigger concern than playing against bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never suggested that the affiliates should hold the sole responsibility or even the sole risk for detecting bots. But they should be a player in the game of detection of all manner of cheating.

In this instance they do hold at least the major purse strings. The poker site bank roll is minimal operating expense for bots, bot farms, and even break even multi-tablers. Personally if you are making a living from the rake back and can't play and better than break-even poker I say "FU!" But that is a very unpopular personal opinion.

As I've said before I am old school poker. If you can't do it at a B&M it has no place in poker let alone on-line. I can and have forcasted the doom of on-line poker due in part to hand histories and software assisted computerized sharks.

Again my views have nothing to do with my ability to or not to beat the current crop of on-line players. I'm worried about the long term viability of on-line poker as a whole.

I have spent countless hours arguing against the proponets of the Action Flop Theory. I holds only a passing fancy in a long list of "tin foil hat" theories that I have looked at and personally never found one that passed much scrunity from common sense let alone a little logic. I was a little amazed the otherwise reasonable poker players of some quality actually believe this crap.

D$D

D$D