View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Lock of the PA State Trooper Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive still never gotton the logic of locking a thread for not having enough material for a discussion to take place - i mean if a discussion doesnt take place then soon enough it disappears never to be seen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except all it takes is for the OP to find one retard out there to engage in a verbal fight, dick wagging contest, etc. and it will stay on the front page forever.

Sometimes NT! will shutdown a thread based solely on the OP being awful, but if he doesn't catch it until it evolves into something more, then he'll often let it be and just punish the OP.

This is why most Ask Me Threads are retarded. You get one guy to post "Ask Me what it's like to be a crossing guard for a high school in kansas". Out of the thousands of people that browse 2+2, there will be one retard that finds it interesting, and it will be a two person conversation, clogging up the front page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our definition of clogging is different, but i see your point.

However, i think you have pointed out how threads should be left to develop and if it turns into a couple people going back and forth then lock it telling them to take it to PM.

I think it needs to be pointed out that if the origional Sup Bro? thread had been started in OOT it would have been locked too early and never develop into the legend it is now.

The same goes for the boiling oats thread by Assani, that was the most retarded OP ever, but the thread because a legend because it had time to develop.

Arguably the same can be said for the Lathe thread, i forget how much detail the OP went into at first but it only really kicked off when he posted the picture of the lathe and that was well into the thread.

Anyway, i guess ive made my point that everything should have time to develop and a third trimester abortion of a thread shouldnt be overlooked as an alternative to the morning after pill.