View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Paris Trip Report - mostly dining, some pictures

Poker and a Late Meal

My last night in town, I took a shot at playing some at the Aviation Club de France. The poker part worked out great, I posted about that in the B&M forum: Trip Report - Aviation Club de France (Paris).

Chillee recommended a place close by to the Aviation Club, and when I stopped playing cards I headed over to La Maison de L'Aubrac at about half past 11 PM.

I ate at the bar, which was fine. Drunk guy next to me was a little too chatty, but he was gone halfway through anyway. There were some good looking women coming in and out of the place, though, and I had a good spot for ogling.

Dinner started out with an appetizer of bacon and goat cheese on toasted brown bread, with a small salad. This was very tasty. Again, great to start off with bacon, and I also really like goat cheese.

L'Aubrac is apparently known for their beef, so I had the entrecote. The beef ws very good, and equally impressive were the potatoes. They were crisp on the outside, and light and fluffy on the inside. Quite a feat.

I finished off with a cheese course and a glass of port. The Roquefort was most memorable.

On a side note, the bill was missing the two glasses of wine I drank. I brought it to the bartender's attention. He thanked me greatly. I was somewhat surprised that he put both glasses of wine on the bill, but hey, as long as I'm being honest, I can do it all the way.

Paid the bill and went on my way to le metro (runs until 1:00 AM) and back to the hotel.

I love this city.