Thread: wcoop-19 thread
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: wcoop-19 thread

hey omaha dudes, i'm out already, a key hand is bugging me; confirm/deny that once the inbetween guy calls I have to call:

I have KQQ7 in BB (suited KQ but that suit doesn't matter). LP raiser, SB calls, I call.

Flop Q97 two clubs. Check to raiser who minbets (asdfasd), SB calls, I pot to $405. Both call, pot is $1500. Raiser has $1500 left at this point, I have $3k, SB covers me. Turn is offsuit 8. Check, check, preflop raiser pots it. i figure the minbet/call flop is consistent with JT, so I'm planning to fold getting only 2-1. In between guy thinks for a long time and calls.

I have one of my outs, I figure the second guy has something like a non-nut str8 with clubs (?), so there's 16 cards in our hands/the board and I have 7/8-ish outs out of 36, given a slightly more likely than average chance that their sidecards include a blocker or two, given the kind of hands that have JT/T6/65 in them. I need all nine outs clean for direct odds, but figure I get something from the second guy if the board pairs. Then again, if the second guy has another set, that sucks.

Also, as ugly as it seems to get no $ in on the flop w/ top set, stack sizes make me wonder if just calling the flop bet and potting a safe turn might be better. At least half the deck is bad on the turn. On the other hand, pot is the perfect size for when the turn does blank.