View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: No c-bet leads to thin-value on turn and river

[ QUOTE ]
MJ,
it's only checking behind when you're in position (sorry to be a nit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Sherm,
Honestly, I don't mind getting it in on the flop at all, with an SPR of <3. You'd raise if he bet, right?

What buyin is this? Being the third limper, CO 'should' have more small connectors in his range than KT, KJ, etc., but if he's bad then you can't be sure.

That's why I don't mind the flop check. Why not let him pick up a pair or a draw (don't have to worry about two pair because of the KK)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the size of his bet (if he bets the flop, I would call or fold). I don't see many hands calling that I beat, so I don't see a reason to raise. But thanks for pointing out the stack size issue. I would probably call the river if he shoved, he just doesn't have much left.

You also reminded me of the other reason I bet small on the river. I bet 1/3 of his stack there. I played the hand last night, and forgot that detail. I didn't figure he would call for 1/2 his stack, so I bet 1/3 of it instead. If he was deeper, I might bet 1/2 the pot on the river.

Also, I think this was a $3/45 turbo sit n go.